[cs_content][cs_section parallax=”false” style=”margin: 0px;padding: 45px 0px 0px;display:none;”][cs_row inner_container=”true” marginless_columns=”false” style=”margin: 0px auto;padding: 0px;”][cs_column fade=”false” fade_animation=”in” fade_animation_offset=”45px” fade_duration=”750″ type=”1/2″ style=”padding: 0px;”][x_promo image=”//simonbaier.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/VM-logo-combined2.png” alt=”what is this?”]Welcome, and join the conversation . . . but first, enjoy this picture of baby goats.
[/x_promo][/cs_column][cs_column fade=”false” fade_animation=”in” fade_animation_offset=”45px” fade_duration=”750″ type=”1/2″ style=”padding: 0px;”][x_image type=”none” src=”//simonbaier.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/foto-goats.jpg” alt=”” link=”false” href=”#” title=”” target=”” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover” info_content=””][/cs_column][/cs_row][/cs_section][cs_section parallax=”false” style=”margin: 0px;padding: 45px 0px;”][cs_row inner_container=”true” marginless_columns=”false” style=”margin: 0px auto;padding: 0px;”][cs_column fade=”false” fade_animation=”in” fade_animation_offset=”45px” fade_duration=”750″ type=”1/1″ style=”padding: 0px;”][cs_text]
What is Valuation Marketing?
“Valuation Marketing” is the the practice of building corporate value through strategic, purposeful marketing. Marketing with a purpose to invest scarce marketing resources into measurable, value- building activities.
Valuation marketing adheres to lean start-up principles, identifying early-on critical assumptions – both value and growth assumptions – and crafting creative, inexpensive, and fast tests that support or reject growth assumptions. Valuation marketers actively conceptualize, refine, model, research, and prove early stage value and growth assumptions.
The valuation marketing methodology is born on the shoulders of giants including Eric Ries’ Lean Startup principles, the truth and transparency articulated in the publicly shared principles of Ray Dalio and Bridgewater Group, and a corporate culture that attracts and aligns high performers exemplified best by Google Google … and the principled nurturing empowerment of Virgin.
Valuation marketing coordinates teams of collaborative individuals who are creative and thoughtful, passionate about their work, and driven to deliver excellence. Diversity of skills are essential, there is no deviation on core principles – intellectual honesty, humility, hard work, ambition, and a desire to build a legacy-worth career affecting positive change in the world.
Valuation marketing methodologies build value in growth businesses by combining big company discipline, small company agility, and a process that aligns the predictable forces of human behavior.
Valuation marketing methodologies
- Marketing Strategy – competitive value, low cost of entry, customer value, operational efficiency, smart partnering
- Reality based product development – identification and testing of growth and scaling assumptions – fail fast and cheap … sunk means sunk, now move on
- Risk mitigation Don’t make stupid and avoidable mistakes. Establish smart, disciplined methodologies, and deviate only when calculated, explicit, and purposeful. Establish legal oversight, accounting practices, and financial management.
Expect personal accountability. Document
- Transparency with accounting controls, project management, detailed reporting
- Highly productive humans – Establish a corporate culture that attracts the best and brightest (and the most productive) – a high E.Q. culture that is challenging, fun, meaningful and significant, mission driven, empowering, well managed, open, collaborative, principled, and rewarding.
- Innovation –
- Operational momentum – time boxing,
- Crazy execution –
- Intelligent deal making – harmony seeking win-win-wins – self fueling – alignment of interests – bigger pie – performance based – equitably structured
- Data driven –